Get Maximum Benefit From Your Massage!
Holistic therapy treatments are a wonderful way of aiding detoxifying of the body, boosting the immune system and stimulating the body’s energetic systems. By following my massage aftercare advice you'll gain maximum benefit from your massage treatment. Please be aware that after your treatment your body may show some of the following reactions;* Tiredness * Hunger * Increased thirst * Increased need to go to the toilet. These symptoms are harmless and some people do not suffer from these at all. However if you do, it is completely normal and is just showing that your body is in the repairing phase and may just take a while to adjust.
* Occasionally, you may experience ‘cleansing’ reactions after a treatment as the body starts to go through a self-healing process. This is very normal and is a positive sign that your body has responded to the treatment and that it is starting to balance itself
* Headaches and aching muscles may occur if the body goes into a ‘healing crisis’ this is when the body is trying to rid toxins, drinking lots of water will help the process
* Try not to shower for at least 8hrs as the oils will continue to be absorbed by the skin after your treatment has ended
* Avoid caffeine, alcohol and stimulants such as smoking for at least 24 hours
* Eat a light diet following massage. Avoid having a heavy meal as massage stimulates the digestive system and eating a large meal soon after may make you feel nauseous
* Drink plenty of water and herbal teas to rehydrate your body, reduce fatigue and to help eliminate toxins from your body
* Sometimes people experience some tenderness for 24 hours or so after a massage. If you do feel a little sore, do some light gentle stretches or take a warm bath with salts